Not everyone thinks about it that quality invitations help your guests to feel honored that you've chosen to invite them for this most beautiful day of your life. This is your chance to reach out and establish a community of people who are important to you:
- people who celebrate that you've discovered who you're meant to be with this new friend who brings out the best in you
- people who will hold you to this promise you're making to keep your love alive at all costs
- people who, should the storms of life threaten the vibrancy of your love, will remind you how you felt so alive on your wedding day - people who will ask you if you're really willing to abandon that or if you're going to fight to get that back.
You might already agree with all that, but maybe resources are limited, or perhaps you're not the one with the power to say how much to invest in invitations.
I get that. Money doesn't grow on trees for me either.
Because of the time and finesse I
devote to the design process, my prices can't compare with Ann's
Bridal Bargains. If you just need an inexpensive invitation to do the
job, I invite you to look at what that company has to offer.
But if you've caught the vision of the
sense of community you're trying to build through your wedding
invitations, I'd like to take what you envision and turn it into
reality. Where you prefer to "cut corners" we'll keep the
costs down, and as you communicate with me what you value, I'll
tailor your design to include the elements that are important to you.
The end result will "wow" your guests with a sense of being honored, leaving you with a feeling of satisfaction that every dollar invested in these invitations truly accomplished its worthy purpose.
Building Your Marriage Credits
To emphasize the importance of
preparing beyond the wedding day, you can reduce the cost of my
services with this incentive program. You may earn these credits
starting from the time of our first paid consultation through the
six-month anniversary of your wedding.
Once you've reached your
six-month anniversary, any potential unearned credit amounts are donated to Great
Marriages for Sheboygan County.
Each time the two of you get together
with a resource (a book about relationships, or a devotional you're
reading together, or a counselor or pastor or mentor couple) to equip
your marriage, you earn a $5 credit when each of you reports the
main thing you learned from that one session.
I do require
both of you to communicate what you've learned; you can express this
by email, phone, in person, or by letter.
Credits are limited to $5
off each $35 pre-tax that you spend (so if your total bill is
estimated at $189, you can earn up to $25 off that total).
You can choose to have your credits applied to an upcoming bill, or if your balance is paid in full I can offer cash until you reach the limit of credits you can earn based on past purchases.
The Bottom Line: Invitations
Flourished Word Design
While the final price we settle on can vary based on any extras you include or any help in assembly you choose not to pay for, this is the lowest amount I can charge for the design and production of 50, 100, or 150 invitations. I've factored in here my flat design fee, my per-piece fee, Wisconsin sales tax, and the maximum credits you can earn towards your bill (Building Your Marriage Credits).
- For 50 invitations, your total bill comes to $90, averaging $1.80 per piece. If you add coordinating RSVP postcards, your bill totals $140, averaging $2.80 per suite. Any added features will bring this price up.
- For 100 invitations, your total bill comes to $125, averaging $1.25 per piece. If you add coordinating RSVP postcards, your bill totals $195, averaging $1.95 per suite. Any added features will bring this price up.
- For 150 invitations, your total bill comes to $160, averaging $1.07 per piece. If you add coordinating RSVP postcards, your bill totals $250, averaging $1.67 per suite. Any added features will bring this price up.
You can order any number of invitations (maybe you need exactly 67); please remember that your guest count is different than the number of invitations you need (some guests will share invitations). It's safest to order 10% more than you expect to need to account for keepsakes and I-can't-believe-we-forgot-to-invite-them last-minute guests.
I take one week to complete every 50 envelopes
Return addressing costs $1.10 per envelope
Guest addressing costs $1.65 per envelope
Inner envelopes cost 70 cents each
For place cards that you supply:
70 cents each for first names only,
or 90 cents each for full names;
95 cents each for escort cards
I can also create place cards or escort cards to suit your style and budget
For artfully drawn quotes, I charge $20 for layout and design plus 85 cents per word (single-letter words excluded).